Editorial Policy of the Bulgarian Numismatic Journal
This editorial policy serves as a framework to uphold the high standards of academic excellence, integrity, and accessibility in the Bulgarian Numismatic Journal.
The Bulgarian Numismatic Journal (BulgNJ) aims to publish original research, scholarly articles, reports, reviews, and discussions pertaining to the study of numismatics in Bulgaria and its neighbouring regions. The journal covers a wide range of topics including but not limited to ancient, medieval, and modern coinage, medals, tokens, and related historical, archaeological, and cultural studies.
- Peer Review: All submissions undergo a rigorous peer-review process conducted by experts in the field to ensure academic rigor and integrity.
- Originality: The journal prioritizes original research and contributions that add significant value to the field of numismatics.
- Accuracy: Authors are expected to provide accurate information, supported by appropriate references and sources.
- Clarity and Accessibility: Articles should be written in clear and accessible language to engage a diverse readership, including scholars, collectors, and enthusiasts.
- Plagiarism and Originality: The journal strictly prohibits plagiarism. Authors must ensure that their work is original and properly cites and acknowledges all sources.
- Conflict of Interest: Authors, reviewers, and editors must disclose any conflicts of interest that could potentially influence their work or decision-making process.
- Authorship: Authorship should be attributed only to those who have made substantial contributions to the research and writing of the manuscript.
- Breaches of Ethics: Instances of unethical behavior, such as data fabrication, falsification, plagiarism, or redundant publication, will be taken seriously. BulgNJ reserves the right to retract or amend published articles found to be in violation of ethical standards.
- Fair and Unbiased Review: Manuscripts undergo impartial peer review by experts in the field.
- Confidentiality: Reviewers are expected to maintain confidentiality and refrain from using any privileged information obtained during the review process for personal gain.
Data and Image Manipulation:
- Data Integrity: Authors should provide accurate data and not manipulate or falsify results.
- Image Integrity: Image manipulation should be disclosed, and any alterations that could mislead readers must be clearly indicated.
Corrections and Retractions:
- Corrections: Authors are responsible for promptly addressing and correcting any errors or inaccuracies discovered post-publication.
- Retractions: In cases of serious errors or ethical breaches, retractions will be issued following an established procedure to maintain the journal's credibility.
Editorial Independence: The editorial team operates independently from any external influences or biases. Decisions regarding publication are based solely on the merit of the submitted work and its contribution to the field of numismatics.